GED courses and testing are usually offered at local high schools, colleges or nonprofit organizations. Once you pass the test, you'll get a transcript and diploma from the administering institution. Some schools hold GED graduation ceremonies where you'd pick up your diploma, others don't.

Order your Records

If your school doesn't hold an official completion ceremony to hand out GED diplomas, or if you aren't able to attend the ceremony, contact the program administrator. The administrator may help you fill out the order forms, or she may give you the address and contact information for you to order your GED diploma and transcripts on your own. Your GED records are on file with your state's board of education, and initial and replacement records can be ordered for a fee, which varies by state.

Related Articles

About the Author

Maya Black has been covering business, food, travel, cultural topics and decorating since 1992. She has bachelor's degree in art and a master's degree in cultural studies from University of Texas, a culinary arts certificate and a real estate license. Her articles appear in magazines such as Virginia Living and Albemarle.