You have landed a new job, but before you can start, your employer has asked to see proof of your high school diploma. It doesn't matter if you graduated a month ago or a few years ago, you can still obtain a copy of your high school diploma. If you graduated in Maryland, you can get your diploma or official and unofficial transcripts from the local school system where you graduated by mail or by phone.

Visit the official Maryland Department of Education website (see Resources).

Search for the school system in which you attended high school in the database. Follow the directions provided by the school records department of your specific school system and provide any information necessary to obtain a copy of your diploma.

Contact the school by phone if you are unable to find a school records department.

Related Articles


  • You may have to pay a fee for a copy of your diploma.

About the Author

Christina Martinez has been writing professionally since 2007. She's been published in the California State University at Fullerton newspaper, "The Daily Titan." Her writing has also appeared in "Orange County's Best" magazine. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in communications and print journalism from California State University.