Obtaining a high school diploma is the first step in the rest of a person's adult life. Once graduation comes and goes, and college life or a career begins, that high school diploma can sometimes get lost or misplaced. Whether it has been one year since graduation or more years than you care to admit, replacing a lost diploma is relatively simple.

Step 1

Visit the website of the city or county school system where you graduated from high school. In the "Search" box on the school system's home page, type "Replacement diploma" and click "Search."

Step 2

Click on the "Diploma Replacement Form" link to print a copy of the form in a PDF, Microsoft Word or Excel format. Print the Diploma Replacement Form and fill it out completely.

Step 3

Mail the Diploma Replacement Form and a check or money order for the appropriate amount to the contact address at the school system.

Step 4

Call the school system office after the appropriate time has lapsed for your diploma replacement request to reach the school system. Tell the person you speak with that you want to verify that your request was received.


Be patient with your diploma replacement request. It can take up to six weeks for your request to be processed.


If you have any questions about the Diploma Replacement Form, call the school system. A mistake on the form can delay your request.

Related Articles